Date of Interview: 22/04/2022
Board: TCA Anant
Optional: Malayalam Literature.
Home State: Kerala
Background: Dual Degree Physics and MSc Astronomy
Work exp: teaching
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2021, visit this page
Chairman: if you want you can remove both mask and shield. (i obliged)
- Looked through my DAF, commented on interesting aspects of it
- Asked about whether I went to Canada for PhD or MSc?
- Tell me about your university in Canada.
- Was your degree a stand alone Astronomy course ?
- What were you doing after 2018?
Member 1 (it was very difficult to understand her as her sound was feeble)
- What is your understanding of reasons for poverty in india. (Had to ask her 2 times aanu couldn’t register “poverty” from her feeble voice )
- How is health and education affect poverty
- Role of out of the pocket spending on increasing poverty.
- Question on child wasting stunting etc and how it can be resolved.
- Difference between astronomy and astrology. Is there any scientific basis for astrology?
- You were in Canada. What can indian education systems learn from your university in Canada. ?
- What are the contributions of Indians in Canada.
- Is there a regional variation among indian diaspora there.
- You said indian education is not good (i hadn’t said that ). Why is that ?( I said I didn’t mean that. I just compared research output at masters level. And I apologised if I made any different impression )
- When he started to confront me Chair intervened and asked not to pursue it
- What are the parameters of QS ranking system
- How can we make Mid day meal scheme better ?
- Do you know about Japanese mid day meal system (he also explained it). Asked how it will have an impact on kids
- General comments on quantum mechanics and special relativity. Asked what is quantum mechanics and it’s application in daily life.
- How is space commercialisation impact astronomical observation
- What can we do about it.
- How can you make Malayalam universal language.
- In a large picture what do you see in 30 years about apllication ot science and technology in health sector.
- Back to chair.
- Thank you. Your interview is over.
- I thanked them and came out.
Generally, I felt clumsy. I was trying to be very pleasant throughout. Even though I did answer almost all questions the confrontation with M3 made me uneasy. So didn’t felt that great after interview.