Date of Interview: 25th April, afternoon
Board: M Sathiyavathy Ma’am
Background: NIT Hamirpur (B.Tech), IIT Madras (MBA)
Hobbies: Swimming, cooking, DIY repairs, Home workout
Your experience in interview- 1st
Utility of mocks (if any)- Useful as my main interview based on DAF
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2021, visit this page
Almost 80% of interview based on DAF and even other questions were derived from it. Hence use this transcript with caution.
- What is difference between safety and security with respect to Vizag?
- Safety and security difference in respect to airplane?
- What are green building?
- What are green corridor?
- Why you are leaving your better paying job for civil services?
- What is red corridor?
- Socio-economic similarity in these regions?
- Should we do something or leave it as it is? Steps to undertake?
- Budget- how will you tell someone how to read it?
- What is primary deficit?
- How much is it?
- What is fiscal deficit of India? How much it should be?
- Why is it so high?
- What is India’s debt to GDP ratio? How much it should be ?
- What is debt to GDP ratio for US and Japan?
- Then why should India keep it so low?
- Why is US$ the global currency?
- What are threats to US$ as global currency?
- Can Indian rupee in future be the global currency?
- What are cryptocurrencies? Can they be a global currency?
- Can cryptocurrencies be hacked? Or is it individual broker issue?
- What could be other alternatives to a global currency?
- You did mechanical engineering then MBA? Didn’t your engineering go to waste?
- Do you think Indian engineers are of lower quality?
- Why they are not so good?
- What is McKinsey ethical —( don’t know) and Darknet?
- Have used darknet?
- If a cyberattack on Indian stock exchange by China, what will be its implications?
- What triathlon you did and how is it different from Ironman triathlon?
- What are your favorite swimming strokes?
- What is difference between freestyle and crawl?
- What is e-waste?
- What is polluter pays principle?
- You like cooking? What all dishes?
- How does cooker help in cooking?
- How you can maintain or improve nutrient of food by cooking?
- You did engineering and MBA and now civil services, isn’t it internal brain drain?
- Will you use your existing knowledge and improve system or come here to learn?