Date of Interview: 26th April, Afternoon
Board: Smita Nagraj
Background: BITS Pilani
Hobbies: Cricket, Pet Caring, Calligraphy
Last to enter: 100% DAF based
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2021, visit this page
- It’s pretty late, you had lunch right? Do you want something to eat?
- You are from BITS, why is BITS producing so many entrepreneurs?
- Based on answer given: Negative fall outs of the same?
- IIT, NIT and BITS are producing engineers who don’t want to work in the core sectors, what do think is the reason?
- A person from BITS was involved in active covid vaccine development, do you know him?
- Why are people going out of country to pursue higher education?
- Why do people choose North America rather than Nordic countries and Germany/France?
- Why do you want to move away from civil engineering to civil services and what is your preference?
- You talked about education and higher education, if you’re posted in the department of education, what steps will you take to increase GER, under NEP 2020
- What’s your take on education in regional languages?
- There’s education and then there is skill based education, do you think skill based education is necessary?
- How can we develop skill based education?
- Why is Chhattisgarh lagging behind in terms of development?
- What is Chhattisgarh government doing for solving the naxal problem?
- What is the status of the naxal problem?
- What about tourism in Bastar?
- Which industries are located in Chhattisgarh?
- What are problems occurring in urban areas today?
- How will you solve the transportation problems in the country?
- Based on answer given:
Do you think this option will be viable for people like high court judges?
After answer she let out a laugh and said nice idea but I don’t think this would be possible
- What to do about waste management in the country? Do you know about any models?
- What about slums? How do solve the problem?
- But slums are essential for us, they are important for our daily lives, what do think about this?
Your interview is over now. Thank you
Utility of mocks (if any)- in order in which I took
- IASBaba: excellent environment, improved sitting posture, confidence booster.
One on one with Mohan Sir: useful in terms of understanding psychology and needs of the interview.
DAF based questionnaire
- IASHub: didn’t find it of much use, instead found what not to do in mocks through some mistakes made. Would not recommend to anyone.
- Vision: DAF session and elocution useful but mocks not useful
- Samkalp: Excellent support system, although didn’t have a good mock experience but panels regular change so is subjective.
- Unacademy: Excellent mock experience, some questions in the interview directly.
- KSG: Khan Sir is, good mock experience, some questions directly in the real interview. Good confidence boosting experience.
- Best mock experience, one members line of questioning replicated in the interview. Highly recommended
One on one experience:
Go for Mrunal Sir, Vinay Sir(insights), Shabbir Sir- all three helpful at different levels
Overall post mains phase: loved the experience, talking to people of highest stature, being judged by best minds.