Date of Interview: 2nd May, Forenoon
Board: Smita Nagraj
Background: IIT Roorkee
Hobbies: Fingerstyle Guitar, Trekking and Camping
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2021, visit this page
I was the third person to go. The waiting room had a very informal and comforting vibe, with snacks, newspaper and other stuff. We were provided with Masks, Face shields and gloves- but the person assigned to call for our board asked us to only wear the mask (probably instruction by the Board, as some were asking candidates to wear everything). I was called and asked to wait outside the room until board calls me in.
Chairperson Asked me to remove my mask.
- You’ve studied from a reputed college, why Indian colleges and universities do not rank good in International rankings- what are the criteria we lack upon?
- Rank Roorkee amongst other IITs
- (I told the NIRF Ranking- she said but why is it still called the best- I talked about the culture amongst Students and professors in Roorkee)
- Do you think hierarchy is necessary or not in Institutions?
- (I understood as hierarchy amongst different Institutions- IITs and others and gave answer as per this- she corrected that hierarchy amongst the college, student faculties etc.)
- Will you ever disobey order above from hierarchy?
- Which is more important- authority or rule of law?
- (Went with rule of law- she added that law can be confusing and unclear at times- Give examples)
- Confusion in Jahangirpuri Demolition? Why stay by Court if rule of law followed?
- Which treks did you went on? Did you went solo or as part of a group?
- You took a quantum jump from Civil Engineering to Sociology, why so?
- So you took a shortcut I will say.
- (I disagreed that it was more of a strategic decision)
- Andre Beteille and his contribution.
- Utility of Andre Beteille as village coordinator at Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (DAF)
- Asked when I participated in NCC? Any certification at NCC?
- Trekking- What were the number of participants in your treks?
- Difficulties as a trek leader- asked for an example
- What if a member is injured in a trek- what will you do as a trek leader?
- How technology can be used in such situations?
- Asked about some Joint (civil Engineering- couldn’t answer)
- You are XI Jinping- what would be your priorities in today’s Global scenario
- Do you think Print media and electronic media pose a threat to National security?
- How major is the problem of Fake news?
- How to tackle it?
- What is Eco-Oscar?
- (I said I don’t know)
- Asked me about causes of Pollution in Delhi
- (As I answered- he said Eco-Oscar was recently awarded to a boy who provided solution for Stubble Burning)
- What is White Revolution?
- Who was V Kurien?
- Status of Milk production in India.
- (He asked me exact data- I didn’t remember)
- How to increase the productivity of Cattles?
- What is artificial Insemination?
- (I wandered and talked about IVF- he corrected)
— Interview Over–
Overall good experience, the whole process was very comfortable. I believe I could’ve answered some questions in a better way, hope my Marks disagree 😛