Date of Interview: 10 MAY
Board: SMITHA NAGARAJ
Profession: (if any)- LAWYER IN SUPREME COURT and DELHI HC
Hobbies: Reading Constitutional Law Judgements
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2021, visit this page
- Inquired about Law Firm Job in Corporate, Investment and Securities Law and reason why I left handsomely paid jobs.
- Practicing independently or under a Senior Counsel?
- Asked about the PIL filed for Persecuted Hindu Community from Pakistan living in Jaipur
- Elicited view on Bulldozer Jurisprudence and what happened in Court No. 3, last day, where I was present.
- Judicial Activism – Positives and Negatives.
- 5 Judgments where Activism harmed the balance of Separation of Powers.
- Steps to Correct the same.
- Questioned on the work of Child Welfare Committees, CARA and FIR filed against perpetrators of Crime against Minors.
- Steps to create conducive ecosystem for Children
- As a DM measures to improve the Child rights.
- Judicial Delays, Prison Reforms, ADR
- Don’t you think Executive showing laxity therefore so many PILs
- Don’t you think Judges are at fault hiding lack of efficiency in disposal of cases as independence of Judiciary.
- Opinion on Marital Rape and legislative intervention required.
- Difference between Direct and Indirect Democracy
- Tracing the evolution of Democracy.
- Some more questions on Women rights.
- IBC and EoDB
- Improving the Specific performance of Contracts.
- Suitability of UCC
- What about socially obnoxious practices in religions?
- Issues with Fast Track Courts and reforms required.
Overall cordial boards. Checks the way one formulate their reply. My advice – Keep calm and composed, it’s rewarding.
All the Best!
Your experience in interview-
Reflected mocks and little bit court grillings which my profession ably provides. Helped in controlling stress situations and formulate answers on feet.
Utility of mocks (if any)- Gave 9 Mocks. It guided in the choice and selections of appropriate words, phrases. Developed sitting etiquettes.