Date of Interview: April 11 Afternoon
Board: TCA Anant
Background: B.Tech Geoinformatics
Hobbies: Reading books, listening to Carnatic music
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2021, visit this page
- What is Geoinformatics? What areas of specialisation?
- What have you been doing since graduation?
- What kind of books do you read?
- Tell me about your last book and follow up questions on that.
- Can the problems of India-China border be solved by cartography? (Mentioned that cartography was one of the subjects in graduation)
- What books of fiction have you read?
- Any biography that has particularly influenced you?
- Do you think we value house wife’s contribution? (Follow up from the previous question)
- If you are in govt, what would you do to change the perception towards house wife?
- How do you see your learning curve from the entry through mid-career to the higher level in civil services?
- If both parents are working, what happens to children’s upbringing?
- What do you think about having a system where mothers can take their children to workplace?
- Today is safe motherhood day. Are you aware of it?
- What do you know about safe motherhood?
- He was very happy when I told member 1 that I liked Harry Potter. He shared his insight about JK Rowling 😀
- What Indian authors have you read?
- Don’t you think Indian English literature needs to get world recognition for its style?
- Why do you like Carnatic music? Do you play any instrument?
- What do you think of Obamas in the American trajectories? Did they come at an inflection point? (Follow up on my mention of Becoming by Michelle Obama)
- What do you think about Trump in one line?
- Do you think Trump’s election is a consequence of Obama’s time?
- Have you considered joining private sector?
- Why didn’t you consider NGOs? (Follow up on my answer)
- What is the problem with our bureaucracy?
- Why don’t policies work?
- Do you think we need reforms in bureaucracy?
Chairman: Thank you. Your interview is over.
The board was extremely cordial. It was a purposeful conversation in every sense of it. Overall it was a very pleasant and enriching experience.
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts, visit this page
- For full Interview Preparation Guide: Click Here
- Current Affairs For UPSC Exam 2022: Click Here
(This transcript has been posted by a community member of ForumIAS)