Date of Interview: 11th April
Board: M Sathyavathy Ma’am
Employee: Indian Foreign Services
Home State: Jharkhand
DAF: Defence upbringing + Petroleum Engineering @ ISM Dhanbad + Work Ex in Schlumberger
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2021, visit this page
- Why did you leave Schlumberger? What is your preference after IFS?
- What is Green Hydrogen? Explain to us as if we are laymen.
- Government’s policy on green hydrogen? Is it enough, should we do more?
- Where have you travelled?
Member 1 (Very difficult to hear him)
- Is Schlumbergera Norwegian company?
- Have you been to a Rig?
- Did you not attend any trainings with ONGC? (No I didn’t)
- He did not ask many questions, moved to next one quickly
- What is water injection?
- Any news related to it? There was a CAG report on water injection losses at ONGC. How can they have avoided it?
- What is fracking? Is it good for environment? Should we do it now?
- Did you try joining the Armed forces?
- Explain this statement to me – “Stay away from the sails, close to the desk and you will rise up to be an admiral in the queen’s navy”.
- How does India select its judges? Is collegium system good? Shouldn’t we move to senate appointments like the US?
- What is coal gasification?
- Generalist vs Specialist? What’s the debate? The PWD head should be IAS or Engineer? – wasn’t convinced with answer for this. But overall very jovial conversation and back and forth with him.
- Chances of Nuclear war in Ukraine?
- Why India not being allowed to purchase oil from Russia while Europe is? – corrected him politely with facts that India is actually buying oil.
- What’s flash point and fire point of petrol?
- How do we measure viscosity?
- What’s the name and size of the area or Strategic Petroleum Reserve at Visakhapatnam (did my 10th there)?
Overall: board was very cordial. Most of the time they were nodding to show encouragement for the answers. Mocks remain useful only for fine tuning mannerisms and inculcating proper articulation.