Board:M Sathyavathy Ma’am
Background: B.Tech Civil Engineering
Hobby: Endurance cycling, Vipassana, Audiobooks
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2021, visit this page
Very cordial board, board sitting on a round table, you are asked to sit on one end and other board members are equidistantly placed.
Read out my entire DAF, then asked:
- you’re related to startups, why is it that Indian startups are copied from the west?
- What can we do to promote original startups.
- What did your own startup do?
- What is Endurance cycling?
- Where have you done Endurance cycling?
- What did Leena AI do? ( my work ex) follow up questions on that
- Have you used chatbots on banking websites
- Do you think that AI can take over functioning of banks?
- Do you think given the explosion of data and analytics, can such data be used for hacking and against our national interest?
- You worked at Netherlands leprosy relief foundation, what is it?
- Which act regulated foreign donations in India?
- Follow up on what changes were brought in recently, (FCRA Amendment act)
- Controversy around it.
- What is you’re take on concrete vs. steel buildings, which so you support?
Some more questions I don’t remember.
- You’re a Shot putter, what is the physics involved in it? Followed up on projectile motion
- What is the reason for seasons, followed up a little bit.
- What is law of diminishing marginal utility?
- He asked why drones are becoming so prevalent, and then the technological breakthroughs required for it.
- You’re from Maharashtra, for which god is the song “Digambara, digambara…” ( did not know)
- Then said you’ve studied Sanskrit in class 10, do you remember it ( I said no).
- He went on to ask can you finish a shlok I tell you… “Vidya dadati vinayam”, I said no, he asked the meaning, I deduced it.
Asked a few more I do not remember.