Date of Interview: 12th April, Afternoon ( Last one – of whole lot of 23)
Board: TCA Anant
Background: NIT Jamshedpur (EEE)
Employee: worked in Business Consulting firm (17 months)
Hobbies: Watching Mahabharat, Listening to old songs
Experience in interview – Overall good, questions mostly on my DAF (hobbies mostly) and Economics
Utility of mocks – It depends on person to person, I enjoyed taking mocks and took 6. It boosted confidence overall.
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2021, visit this page
- What did your firm do?
- What was your job profile and work ? and few counter questions for more clarity
- Favorite singer from old songs?
- Do you think in today’s songs, music dominates?
- Which Mahabharata do you like to watch ? – I said BR’s Chopra and then counter question why?
Member 1 (most smiling person evert met )
- Have you heard about Kundan Lal Saigal ?
- In old movies, actor used to sing a lot with big piano. Why is this missing now ?
- Comparative analysis on Cricket and movies ?
- From Electrical and Electronics to Economics is a bold choice, why did you make it ?
- Pandemic hit us hard , what do you think we could have done better ? – i pointed Migrant suffering and how ONOR could have been upscaled quickly
- But that is marginal change ? – I pointed how our barbell strategy helped economy to achieve pre pandemic level quickly, so overall steps were taken by govt were good enough.
- Broad learnings from Mahabharata ?
- Some factual ques -as which international author has written on Mahabharata ? – replied negatively
- How does RBI target inflation ?
- Problem of excess liquidity ?
- How RBI sucks excess liquidity ?
- Does RBI manage currency also ?
- Give me one component for boosting Indian economy ? – I said Consumption
- Pension is gone now, why do you want to join govt services ?
- Asked me about NPS (New Pension Scheme) and OPS in a very fudgy articulation, to which chairperson intervened and clearly articulated . – Honestly, the only question on which I had little knowledge, and thus couldn’t satisfy the person.
- What happened earlier – Ramayana or Mahabharata ? and she tried to confuse me deliberately however I repeated the response
- Timeline of rise of Buddhism and Jainism ?
- Which common family connects Islam and Christianity ?
- What was Bhakti movement ? and asked me to elaborate on it
- What is the difference between Public and Merit goods ?
- Should we give Electricity free in Chattisgarh or New Delhi ? – I said, user fee should be levied and pointed out the issue of high tariff differential between consumers and industries
- She countered by asking why do we give it free in New Delhi ? – I said that we target vulnerable sections and the free limit is upto 200 units only and hardly any welloff family can sustain within it
- She came with a last blow – Electricity is in which list ? – I wasn’t totally sure and didn’t want to guess .
Interview gets over
So questions on DAF (Hobbies) and Economics