Date of Interview: 12th April, Forenoon
Board: M Sathyavathy Ma’am
Optional: Commerce & Accountancy
Service: Punjab PCS
Work-ex: Oyo, PwC
Asked to remove the face shield and to lower the mask for verification, and then mask remained on throughout the interview.
Chairperson read aloud my academic details, work-ex, hobbies, etc.
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2021, visit this page
- So aren’t you practising CA now?
- Oh, so you are in state services, which service?
- Why did you receive this certificate of appreciation? (Awards: Certificate of Appreciation for my election work)
- Since now you have ground experience of elections, tell me 3 major challenges in our elections? Some follow-up questions on each challenge
- Monologue on low voter participation. How to increase voter participation?
- Isn’t it true that every person needs some incentive to perform their duty? Follow-ups on my answer
- We spend 2-3% of GDP on defence. Is it justified?
- Since you have been through process if both state public service commission and upsc. What’s the difference between the two?
- Who were the members of state psc?
- Tell me top 5 ranks of army (Knew only 2)
- Benefits of evm over ballot paper
- What is VVPAT?
- Why only Rs 1,2,5,10 denominated notes or coins. Why not 3 or 4 also?
- Do you invest in stock market?
- Intraday or Long term?
- Is investment in stock market good?
- Then why govt servants are not allowed to invest in stock market?
- Difference between FIRR and EROR (Didn’t know)
- What is NPV
- Since you have worked in PwC. Why was PwC involved in an issue that impacted its goodwill and what lessons can we draw from it?
- Why did Oyo’s business model face challenges?
- Who wrote Vande Matram and what is the controversy surrounding it. (Didn’t know)
- Distance between my hometown and home district?
- Don’t remember
- Impact of social media on students
- Why students spend less time in sports?
- What is self radicalization? (Didn’t know)
- What is Forensic Accounting? (Didn’t know this but mentioned that I hv read about Forensic audit)
- What are shell companies?
- What is Round Tripping?
- Why did you study so many subjects in Class 10?
- What did you study in environment?
- What is Performance Audit?
- What is IndAS?
- Applicability of IndAS
- Three functions of ICAI
- Supreme Audit Institutions (Didn’t know)
- What is NFRA and trigger point for setting it up
- Recent amendments in ICAI act and concerns around it.
- What is audit plan and its advantages?.
- Cordial board, pleasant experience and some light moments as well. Towards the last leg, members had started looking at the clock, interview lasted for ~35 mins.
- Utility of mocks – Very helpful. 3-4 questions repeated. Helped in voice modulation, keeping answers crisp and in indentifying weak areas. One to one with Khan sir at the end was a booster.