Date of Interview: 6 Apr, 9AM session
Board: TCA Anant
Background: HBTU, Kanpur (Edible Oil Technology)
Employee: (if any)- 1 year edible oil industry, data analytics freelance
Hobbies: singing, watching football and tennis, meditation
Your experience in interview-
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2021, visit this page
- Entry: Cordial exchange of greetings, told to remove shield and mask
Given wheel wali chair so it was not a good start as the chair moved as I was sitting
Chairman: Reading my DAF, no introduction asked
- What exactly was your engineering branch?
- What does an edible oil engineer do?
- Which oil is a good oil?
- what are types of refining?
- Is kacchi ghani a physically refined oil or just marketing?
- What is famous about Varanasi (hometown)? Name some of them.
- Is Olive oil the best edible oil?
Member 1: Mam was extremely cordial and always maintained eye -contact
- Has Varanasi finally arrived in terms of development?
- Completely motorizing the streets of varanasi, is it a good idea?
- what are two pressing issues in Varanasi?
- What is a GI tag?
- Are patents and GI tag the same
- what is a patent?
- Name any other GI tag product from varanasi?
- Is it given only for processed goods or agri products also included?
- GI tags from UP? Is Bhadohi Carpet given GI tag?
- Name some agri related GI tags from outside UP? (kadaknath chicken was my answer)
- you bave been good at studies, so why edible oil in engineering?
- You have worked in nellore, name one port in the city
- Why do we eat palm oil a lot?
- why coconut oil n kerala and mustard oil in north?
- Is migration good? : I used a harsh word double edged sword in place of pros and cons ( Gave the push -pull factors )
- Will you as migrant in Kerala cadre be called an asset?
- which oils should we eat ( repetition, here I feel they were curious and interview went little bit about their interests and not mine)
Member 3: Reading my expressions all through the interview
- spoke so slowly : What are the reasons of smog in Delhi?
- how to fight stubble burning?
- Use of fly ash? Who is the biggest buyer of fly ash?
- what are its uses? Why not used in road making extensively?
- How is mustard oil refined
- Why chemical refining is avoided in this process?
Member 4: Maam was again cordial, added a Ji to my name..
- Who are the vulnerable sections in society
- what is government doing for disabled section
- What is govt. Doing for ST women?
- how an we improve our governance system?
- Can we have better women- centric policies
- have you learnt music professionally?
- My honest answer: It was optional subject along with Drawing. As soon as I got the opportunity out of drawing, I took it but eventually performed in school and college
- who is your fav singer and why?
Chairman: your interview is over. You may get up.
- It was not on my strengths of opinion based questions but my weakness on graduation questions.
- My English was very normal and I was feeling thirsty in the interview room due to that shield and mask thing.
- Utility of mocks (if any)- Had given 1 mock…not much as they were focussed on CA but it was not asked in my interview
- Now only result will tell as they make everyone comfortable in the interview room
- This was my experience in my 1st interview in 3 attempts