Date of Interview: 14 April 2022
Board: M.Sathiyavathy Ma’am
Optional: political science and international relations
Background: B.A. political science
Home State: Maharashtra
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2021, visit this page
- Seems your DAF looking very brief, Do you not play any sports? (i did not mention any sport since I did not played at college, state level)
- What do you understand by sustainable rural development? (since I mentioned my interest area as following sustainable rural development and Governance)
- What you have done as part of sustainable rural development?
- What recently published IPCC report observed about climate change?
- Do you know SDGs? What are they? What is their significance?
- Why and for what Ahmednagar is famous for ?
- Is there any fort in your district? What was the significance of the fort of Ahmednagar in Independence movement ?
- Can you tell me names of Defence PSU and army establishment in your district?
- Who was Sir Parshuram bhau ? (since my college name is sir parshuram bhau college and he was a ruler of a princely state )
- During British rule many princely states were supportive of British, but it had serious ramifications for independence movement. What was those ramifications?
- What is sustainability and what do you considered it? ( i mentioned a term inter-generational equity)
- Give example and explain it by articulating impact on future generations because of action of present generation .
- What is zero budget farming ? Is it has any relevance with recent crisis in Srilanka?
- Is there any impact of organic agriculture on India?
- Is there any lesson that India should learn from srilankan crisis?
- In context of Afghanistan crisis, what are the ramifications on international relations?
- Looking at unfolding situation in Ukraine, what are the implications on world order and on India specifically?
- Do proportional representation system suitable for India?
- Should we follow parliamentary system of government or should we move on presidential system? Which one is suitable for India to follow?
- Which birds do you generally feed ? ( since I mentioned Bird feeding as my hobby)
- What are advantages and disadvantage of feeding birds?
- What is the distance between two poles of kho-kho ? ( I told chairman mam that I played local sports like kho kho and other)
- What is the webers theory of economy?
- We have PDS ration shops in India, do we need to extend and expand the subsidised ration ?
- There is these debate that CO2 is increasing in atmosphere leading to global warming , while it is also said that with CO2 increase, there will be greener growth of plants, so CO2 will get absorbed. Then, where is the climate change ?
(This transcript has been posted by a community member of ForumIAS)