Date of Interview: 18th april afternoon session
Board: RN Choubey Sir
Home State: Maharashtra
Background: Btech Mechanical, Commodities Trader for 2 years (Maharashtra)
Hobbies: Reading Non-Fiction Books, Playing Contract Bridge
Utility of mocks: Helped a lot. Not in the sense of line of questioning but Mannerisms and handling tricky questions.
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2021, visit this page
Chairman: We are nice people. Just here to have a conversation. If you don’t understand any question you can ask again. It’s okay if you don’t know – tell that and we can move to next topic. One can’t know everything.
- Tell me about yourself in one minute.
- Accrual accounting or cash accounting which one is there in India? (Random)
- Air India disinvestment. Whether correct or wrong? Where should government be invested.
- One body above ICAI and tell about in brief (NFRA)
- Again questions on disinvestment – private sector and public sector, should government be in education and health sector or not?
Missing few questions
- You were commodities trader. Commodity market is booming so what are you doing here?
- You know Rakesh Jhunjhunwala? He must be your role model?
- Again on disinvestment – Don’t you think private sector adds efficiency?
- You have PSIR. French presidential election – process?
- What do you think will be impact on NATO if Marine Le pen is elected?
- What are your hobbies apart from Commodities trading? (Reading books)
- What was the latest book that you read? Tell in brief about it.
- So you have mechanical background. What is cryogenic engine?
- Temperature in cryogenic engine
- You play chess. What is Elo rating?
- Criterion to become grandmaster
- Tell me which are 4 parts of criminal justice system?
- Tell me about contribution of Vikram Sarabhai and Homi Bhabha
- Have heard about UDAN scheme – long form, how is it working?
- Your district is backward. In Maharashtra it is seen that Bombay and nearby region is forward. Vidarbha and Marathwada backward. What are the reasons? Do you think it should be bifurcated or trifurcated?
- Don’t you think we have done everything in 70 years. Still they are backward!
- Irrigation scam is also very famous. How will it reach general population?
- Have you heard about Ketanji Brown? (First Black woman appointed in US SC)
- In India as well representation of women in judiciary is very less. Don’t you think we should have affirmative action?
Chairman: Do you want to share anything more?
Your interview is over.