Date of Interview: 14 Feb 2023, Last candidate to go
Board: M Sathiyavathy
Background: BA [ Sociology, Economics, History]
Hobbies: Journaling [others didn’t get asked]
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2022, visit this page
- Mam read out Daf aloud.
- What is journalling?
- Isn’t it same as diary writing? (I said journaling is issue specific and goes more in depth, diary is more time specific and records events, but broad nature is same)
- But is there any restrain in diary writing, that prevents you from going into depth?
- [laughed and said – So new things are getting invented…. Anyways]
- Who was devi Ahilya, why was she famous, her contributions. (My university)
- U did 12th with science stream, then why you switched to social science in graduation?
- Asked about MN Srinivas. What is sanskritisation and westernisation.
- How do you see the two in context of present changes in Indian society.
- Why these two happens?
- What among them is good or bad.
- Adam smiths theory.
- Free market in India post LPG?
- What’s is it’s impact on Indian society? [member asked me to combine my knowledge of sciology and economics]
- How role of caste is transforming? Is caste is being replaced by class?
- Is this it a good indicator?
- Post-LPG – class differences increasing, how it is impacting today’s society?
- Recent reports that chinas growth is slowing and it is ageing also, is it an opportunity for India, How?
- G20 , How India can use its position to its advantage.
- Russia ukraine war, what is the solution?
- As an Indian what makes your heart swell with pride and what disappoints you?
- What do you feel more, happy that India is better than pakistan or sad that India not doing better than china? [terms of percapita income, economy, stability etc]
- China has grown rapidly, Is democracy of india hindering its growth?
- But if we see parliamentary proceedings it feels like this only…what will u say?
- What will be your priority if you are appointed as an administrator of an area? [member gave few options like health,education, infra]
- Reasons for pakistani wconomic crisis
- Why bangldesh doing so good and pak not so good?
- Reasons for sri lankan economic crisis.
- Is pakistan going in the way of sri lanka
- What is good for India – Disinvestment or privatisation
- Difference between disinvestment and privatisation?
- Who all countries have helped sri lanka?
- Has srilanka got IMF relief?
- How has India helped srilanka ?
- To what countries sri lanka owns its debt and in what order?
- What is paris club
- What is OECD
- Bimstec, what is it, who all are members?
- It BIMSTEC there to remove pakistan from regional cooperation?
- What steps BIMSTEC has taken in area of cutoms and anti smuggling?
Chairperson said thankyou, all the best.
• Very few facts asked, majority of questions were directed to know my opinion.
• Board was very responsive, members were nodding and it appeared they wanted me to speak more and more (and reveal my personality).
• No quesn from state, city, and pulwama etc.
• Very smooth experience, and the chair they give us is very comfortable though:)
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts, visit this page
- For full Interview Preparation Guide: Click Here
- Current Affairs For UPSC Exam 2023: Click Here
(This transcript has been posted by a community member of ForumIAS)