Date of Interview: 13th Feb, 2023 & forenoon session
Board: M Sathiyavathy
Home State: Himachal Pradesh
Background: PEC University of Technology
Profession exp: Western Digital (Till 2021)
Hobby: Oil Painting
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2022, visit this page
- Satyavathi Mam read out the DAF loudly and asked the following questions
- What have you been doing since 2021
- Why don’t you want to continue in your technical forte
- Explain us your patent
- How long did it take for your patent to be granted
- Do you get any royalty or just the organisation gets it.
- Why so less patents from India and what can be done to improve this number
- What can be done to reduce the time taken in granting the patent
- You have worked so well in electronics field. What would you prefer- getting into services as a specialist lateral entrant or through the exam as a generalist
- Since governance is mostly based on technology now, do you prefer having generalists or tech specialists in the field
- What made you go for civil services
- You are from HP. Did you find Bangalore beautiful?
- Bangalore has people from so many cultures. Didn’t that make it difficult for you to adjust in Bangalore?
- Your patent has the word ‘Privacy’. How can we ensure privacy when everywhere in ML, AI and other new technologies require data is to be used
- Your optional is PSIR. Tell us what constitutes ‘Basic Structure’
- What does preamble say about India. Is it true? Are we able to follow the ideals mentioned in preamble.
- What does ‘Republic’ mean
- Does HP have border with any other country? Which country?
- What is this border called?
- Have both the countries agreed upon the border demarcation?
- Which country has more issues wrt border?
- Have you heard about ‘string of pearls’? How does it matter to India if China has this policy?
- Have you opted for IPS?
- Why do you think female candidates find IPS difficult?
- Any female IPS officer you know who has worked in your distt.?
- Where is Mallacan Strait? How is it important for China?
- You must have gone through budget. How much fund is allocated this time to PMAY?
- What does MISHTI stand for?
- Also, tell some more schemes which are being run for alleviating poverty.
Experience: Board was very cordial. They were constantly nodding, instilling more confidence. Great experience overall which no mock can match.
Utility of mocks or O2O (if any)– Gave me confidence, helped me improve my non-verbal communication and some questions also got repeated
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts, visit this page
- For full Interview Preparation Guide: Click Here
- Current Affairs For UPSC Exam 2023: Click Here
(This transcript has been posted by a community member of ForumIAS)