Date of Interview: 28 February 2023 (Afternoon session) 5th to go.
Board: Lt Gen R. Shukla
Profession (if any): Government sector (state pcs)
Hobbies: cricket (nothing asked)
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2022, visit this page
Read qualifications and work experience.
- Why didn’t you choose your engineering (ECE) as an optional. Why PSIR?
- What do you understand by Rules based international order?
- Is it being followed in contemporary times?
- China’s 9 dash line. Why important to China?
- How did it come into existence? (Did not know)
- China was taken to ICJ regarding 9 dash line? Did it follow the rulings.
- What is 12 nautical miles? Can warships enter this region? What can be the extent to penetration of other countries warships?
- USA has certain number of ports near Chinese borders. So is China’s aggressive stance on this justified?
- Should there be negotiations for a Rule based international order?
- Your learnings as an ECE engineer?
- Since you opted for software sector as your first job, what could be done to improve employability in core sectors?
- Cross questions on this.
- What are your views on Electronics industry in India.
- What can students do more to become employable?
- As you are working as a District level officer, what digitalisation have you witnessed?
- Scheme wise : which schemes have come online and which are yet to come?
- Why is it taking time to digitise the schemes?
- What is your role in implementing schemes on ground.
- Is there proper Digital penetration in rural areas?
- Why not?
- What are government efforts for the same (did GoI involve any company for rural internet penetration).
- Some question regarding use of electronics and communication in sports.
- What is ODOP and what are it’s benefits?
- When did ODOP start?
- Won’t other product producer feel discouraged?
Cross questions on this.
- Are any districts having more than 1 product under ODOP?
- What is that investment thing going on?
(I said Global Investors summit)
- Are these investment being done in reality or just on paper?
- Is signing of MOUs enough? Why aren’t these being reflected on ground?
- Started with Russia Ukraine war.
- Who do you think is the real winner?
- Where do you see the end of this war and what will happen this year?
- Is China an ally to Russia?
- Don’t you think China will also try to capture Taiwan?
- Comparison of US and China.
- US’s shooting down of Chinese Balloon. Does it impact US’s image on global forum?
- Ok my last question is what is female labour force participation rate in India.
What is it in comparison to countries like Pakistan and Bangladesh?
- Ok one last one : what do you understand by gender neutral leave? Should it be implemented?
Chairperson: ok thank you. Your interview is over. All the best.
Experience in interview – good experience. Cannot say how it went.
It was around 30 minutes.
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts, visit this page
- For full Interview Preparation Guide: Click Here
- Current Affairs For UPSC Exam 2023: Click Here
(This transcript has been posted by a community member of ForumIAS)