Date of Interview: 3rd March, forenoon, 5th to go
Board: Smita Nagraj ma’am
Home State: Maharashtra, Marathwada
Hobbies: Yoga, meditation, playing harmonium
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2022, visit this page
- Why didn’t you go for post graduation and instead preferred upsc preparation
- The world is becoming tech savvy then how will you be able to manage as you are from humanities background? (I said, I was an engineer for 2 years and then left it)
- How did you convince your father? (3 idiots movie Farhan scene reference – they all laughed)
- Caste violence and rivalry is more visible in Maharashtra. What do you think are the reasons?
- Do you think government is favouring the privileged community in this ( I SAID A BIG NO) ( I later realised this was indeed a googly bcoz she tried very hard to get any reply which would be criticising the govt but thankfully I didn’t)
- Tell me the origin of yoga (DAF)
- Tell me the 8 sutras of ashtanga yoga (I told all)
- Then at which stage are you?
- Difference between Hindustan and carnatic music (DAF)
- How many notes are there? (DAF)
- Some famous musicians who have contributed for both? (DAF)
- What are these indian exercises? (DAF)
- Who started this mallakhamb?
- What do you play on harmonium? (DAF)
- (Female – full grilling mode)
- You left engineering which shows that you run away from challenges. If you will get some post which you don’t like then you will leave it too?
- Tell me the types of martial arts? (Random)
- How will you convince Agniveers who are serving for just 3-4 years to serve in dangerous battlefields like galwan?
- Onion price issue in Maharashtra
- Drought in Maharashtra reasons (DAF)
- Many districts in Rajasthan receive less rainfall than Marathwada then why drought conditions are severe in Marathwada? (DAF)
- Farmer suicides solutions (DAF)
- What are FTAs
- Is India having trade with China a good thing?
- Should we be wary about annoying China? ( I said sir China will be annoyed anyway bcoz a thriving democracy in the neighborhood is a threat to its core existence as PPL of china might also demand democracy – he seemed to be impressed)
- Growing trade deficit with China what India is doing?
- Why countries are going for bilateral trade negotiations like FTAs and not for WTO led mechanism? ( Multilateralism on the decline was in the news)
Except the female member ( a bit grilling) everything went pretty smooth.
DAF – In my case more than 70% of the questions were directly or indirectly related to DAF ( I would say was lucky enough on this)
Mocks – KSG, Chahal (very good), Chanakya mandal, Vajirao and Reddy (very good)
In my case 70% was DAF & 20% were questions which got repeated from the mocks so the uncharted waters were like 10%
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts, visit this page
- For full Interview Preparation Guide: Click Here
- Current Affairs For UPSC Exam 2023: Click Here
(This transcript has been posted by a community member of ForumIAS)