Date of Interview: 30/01/2023
Board: M Sathiyavathy
Background: Btech metallurgy from NIT Trichy
Home State: Salem ,Tamil Nadu
Hobbies: Mandala painting / reading fiction books
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2022, visit this page
For female candidates ( please remove your chain / earring/ ring ) they are asking ur to remove all ornaments including watch.,
Satyavathi Mam read out the DAF loudly and asked the following questions :
- What are you doing currently ?
- why this gap of 3 years since your last job
- What made you choose civil service ?
- Civil service is not just about IAS,
- there are other services also ?
- You can do much better in your current job ,why this ?
- Why didn’t you go to Core ? Why IT ?
- Didn’t you appear for Gate exam ?
- Tell about Dravidian model of development that Tamil Nadu is talking about ?
- how is it different from other states ? Why call it Dravidian?
- What makes TN one of the leading states in economic and social indicators in the country ?
- You become IAS and you are given a choice to choose between two districts – one where there is more communal tensions and another a border district with issues of drug and human trafficking- what would you choose ?
- I chose border district siting few reasons.
- Follow up question.but in case of choosing a communal violent district, if you bring communal harmony you can make a big difference.
- I agreed to his point,yet chose to stay with border district as i felt the scope of development is more there.
- Tell me the background of how Afghanistan evolved and what is the current relations of India with Afghanistan?
- Tell me 5 interesting things about Salem ?
- Tell me about mandala painting ?
- What lifestyle choices do you have ?
- How will you lead your life in next decades ?
- Will you be able to find the right partner who will agree with your way of life ?
- Why dont you like a lavish lifestyle ? ( But many prefer it ,why don’t you ?)
- Tell me some new materials used nowadays ?
- What schemes have Government brought for MSME’s?
- How is Mudra helping and how is it different ?
- What do you know about semiconductors ?
- What is opinion on Remote voting ?
- Do you support it or not ?
- What is it about ordinary residents and native residents ?
- What do you do in Sidbi ? ( In your branch )
- What are steps taken by Sidbi for antimoney laundering ?
- what do you know about account aggregators ?
- follow up – it will be useful only if they voluntarily provide info..
What would you do if people conceal info and how can you check money laundering?
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts, visit this page
- For full Interview Preparation Guide: Click Here
- Current Affairs For UPSC Exam 2023: Click Here
(This transcript has been posted by a community member of ForumIAS)