Date Interview: 3rd Feb, afternoon
Board: M Sathiyavathy
Home State: Punjab
Background: Electronics and communication.
Hobbies: Kitchen gardening, reusing plastic
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2022, visit this page
- What have you doing since 2019 ?
- What is Cancer express ?
- Why so many cancer cases in Punjab ? And subsidiary discussion on that led to water table dropping and further to cropping pattern of Punjab.
- Should government pass a law to stop rice plantation in Punjab. A discussion on this.
- You are collector how will you convince farmers to not sow rice.
- Challenges of a border district and what will you do to solve them ( in context of Punjab) ?
- Gave a monologue on freebies. Then asked how will you convince chief minister that it is wrong. A bit counter questions on that. Can’t recall anything else.
- What do you think about beauty pageants ? Counter questions
- Had Tibet been independent of China would our border situation have been better?
- Social problems of Assam.
- Since I couldn’t answer both the above questions then sir said you tell me which area you are comfortable. I said environment.
- One general question on environment initiatives and one counter question on electric vehicles.
- What do you envision future of electronics etc.
- Do you watch TV. I said no. From where do you get news then ?
- Do you know Doshi ? Who was he trained under?
- How are Punjab and Haryana sharing Chandigarh? It means no dispute between them ?
- Recent Supreme Court judgement on Chandigarh.
- You are reusing plastic don’t you know it is banned ? A few counter questions on this ( I think many)
- When was single used plastic banned ? Are you sure ?
- Should ECI be given a role of censoring body for manifestos ( in light of excessive freebies? )
- What is G20 ? How is the president chosen ?
- If India has become president in alphabetical order only then why so much pomp and show on it ?
Then finally chairperson said thankyou and all the best.
- Your experience in interview-
- Members were counter questioning a lot. Mostly on opinions.
- Satyavati ma’am was nodding in between.
- Utility of mocks or O2O (if any)- Practice mannerism and staying formal through out the interview.
But the variety and nature of questions in interview is quite different from mocks.
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts, visit this page
- For full Interview Preparation Guide: Click Here
- Current Affairs For UPSC Exam 2023: Click Here
(This transcript has been posted by a community member of ForumIAS)