Date of Interview: 6th Feb Afternoon
Board: Preeti Sudan
Home State: Haryana
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2022, visit this page
- How has sex ratio improved in Haryana? ( Came to know in waiting hall that Ma’am initiated BBBP, so straight away mentioned that..)
- Was there role of Khaps also in that?
- How has community development worked in Haryana? Which was the first community development block of India ( Nilokheri- didn’t know)?
- Why has Haryana grown economically so fast?
- Gave an example of mothers cooking food in Tamil Nadu School. What are the pros you will expect from that?
- What bills are part of budget? What is contingency fund of India?
- What should be its quantum?
- How does it get recouped?
- What are the new chapters that have been added to economic survey?
- Musharaff died yesterday. What is he associated with?
- What were the outcomes of Kargil?
- I told shekatkar committe etc.
- He then asked One Border One Force? I told all the paramilitaries associated with borders… He said One Border One Force came out of Kargil..
- What major event in India during tenure of Musharraf? What were the outcomes of Agra Summit?
- What is the difference between LoC and LAC?
- What is the difference between LAC and International Border?
- What is the biggest takeaway from India’s relationship with Bangladesh in recent years? Told LBA.
- What are the learnings?
- What is your opinion of coaching centres? Answered for JEE. Then he asked about UPSC specifically. Long discussion.
- What is holistic education? In context of NPE.
- Is power generation in India enough for demand?
- What will be impact of solar? Is hydrogen not the answer when I mentioned battery tech…
- Who is India’s best neighbor? Why not Nepal?
- what is urban planning? Mumbai and Kolkata are dying, what is the solution?
- Do you have any onr particular solution?
- What do you know of Chanakya? What was mandal siddhanta?
Gave only one mock this time: ForumIAS. Have given one interview before so didn’t feel the need this time.
Learning from last interview was that mocks try to focus on DAF too much which takes away lot of energy and time while most of the time interview is from current affairs and core GS , optional etc.
So focused on content mostly this time and prepared DAF only uptil where it was reasonable.
Another learning from last interview: At the end presence of mind and confidence matters. For that you need to treat it a lot lighter than the pressure it usually brings. Easier said then done. But try it as much as possible.
About the Board: Extremely cordial.
All the Best.