Date of Interview: 13 Feb 2023, Afternoon 4th to go.
Board: RN Choubey
Background: BE mechanical M.Tech Machine Design.
Other relevant DAF entries – students council, University topper in Mechanical engineering.
Optional: Mechanical engineering.
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2022, visit this page
As usual introduction by Sir- this is personality test. We don’t expect that you know everything. Even I don’t know everything. Tell if you know. We are here to help you. Ask us if you don’t get any question.
- introduce yourself with educational background and work experience, if any.
- social service and all is great but have not not joined any formal employment?
- shall we say Naxalites are terrorist?
- Naxalites also use terror to create fear in people’s mind. I don’t see any difference between them. What do you think?
- What’s IPC, CrPC, and Evidence Act and their provisions?
- Is telling lie a crime?
- ok. Tell me one incident when it’s crime and one incident when it’s not.
- Q on spending made on research so there should be strict IPR laws. Your view.
- what about Pfizer vaccine.
- So is there compulsory licensing in India.
- by advent of AI future of mechanical engineering is in danger. What do you think
- you were member of students council, tell me should there be involvement of political elements in campus
- so is there difference in creating future political leaders and politicisation of campuses.
- What’s Industry 4.0
- how will it impact on employment
- what changes will you suggest in curriculum and overall pedagogy of mechanical engineering.
- if Russia Ukraine war broke into 3rd world war on which side shall India join.
- so that means going back to non alignment
- what your view about commercialization of sports/ multiple leagues
- do you know about Somnath Dweep
- You have done engineering now joining civil services, your knowledge is going to be wasted
- If you have 10 lakhs how you will advise about savings/ investment
- what’s current rate of interest of fixed deposit
- Now suppose if you are district collector how will you spend this 10 lakh rupees in your district
It’s over from our side. If you think that we have missed something or you want to say something you can share.
2-3 follow up questions were asked by each member.
I might have missed one or two questions.
Chairman sir stand in the middle of interview during second members questioning for one or two minutes and roam around his chair.
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts, visit this page
- For full Interview Preparation Guide: Click Here
- Current Affairs For UPSC Exam 2023: Click Here