Interview Date: 11th February 2020
Board: B.B. Vyas
Background: B.Tech, Mechanical Engineering
Home State: Rajasthan
- What have you been doing since your graduation?
- Have you also applied for other exams?
- Tell me about shell companies and measures taken by the government to tackle it? (Work experience)
- Question on Bombay high? (Work experience)
- Reasons for the push towards Gas based economy? (follow- up from the last question)
- Schemes of govt. to promote gas in India
- Shilpgram (Cultural festival of hometown)
- Kathputli and Handicrafts promotion measures (follow-up)
- Explain this quote “Celebrate diversity, unity follows” (pointing towards a calendar hanging in the room on which the quote was written)
- Schemes of the govt. to promote unity in the country.
- What is a biomolecule? (He himself explained)
- Elements of a biomolecule, in our body, etc. (He himself kept explaining and asking further questions)
- Cell theory and details.
- Types of protected areas in Rajasthan
- Names of national parks in Rajasthan
- The actual geographical area of forest cover in Rajasthan, not in percentage terms.
- Forest near your college, reasons for man-animal conflict.
- Examples of environment conservation movements in India
- Why Bhutan is a net carbon-negative emission country?
- Are Indians undisciplined? Should military training be made compulsory for all the citizens like in Singapore to make them disciplined?
- When UPSC IFS interviews started? When getting over? No. of candidates?
- Why so many candidates from Rajasthan?
- Difference between conflict and war?
- Difference between protection and conservation?
For more interview transcript, visit the Complete IAS Interview Preparation Guide