Date of Interview: 9 AM 20th Feb, 1st one to go
Board: PK Joshi
Background: M.Sc Physics (IIT Roorkee)
Home State: Andhra Pradesh
6th attempt, 2nd interview
- Roorkee college, who established, timelines of university of Roorkee.
- About 7-8 years of gap, is it not wastage of national resources?
- Indian sociologists? MN Srinivas contribution?
- Any teacher that inspired you in school? Any books he recommended to you?
- March 8 significance? How did it become women’s Day? Is it okay to have ONE day for women?
- Do women have equality in India? Historically?
- Ramachandra Guha’s 50-50 comment on Indian democracy? Democracy status in India? Success? Penetrated enough?
- About my work (in vision IAS), what did you learn? How do implement that in administration?
- Differences you observed between North and South India?
- One thing you liked in North India that you would like to implement in South India?
- Balance of payment? BoP in domestic? (I was clueless)
- About violence in Rayalaseema in 1970’s? Bellary iron mafia? (I’m from Kadapa district)
- About godmen in Andhra and India? Are they conmen? Why do they exist? Do you believe it?
- How did communists in Telengana lose influence post-independence?
- About Roorkee place? Canals?
- About Nadal’s performance at Wimbledon? (Tennis hobby)
- Politicians are outcomes of society. What shall we do to transform society so that we can have clean politics?
- If two 50ml liquids with pH of 5 and 7 are mixed, what’s the resultant liquids pH?
Overall, there were several disappointing moments, exciting moments, fumbling, conviction, etc