Board: A S Bhonsle
Background: Engg (E&C), MBA (Fin)
Work-ex: 5 years (Cisco, Crisil, Cognizant)
- How would you control traffic – innovative ways (I started with tech and other initiatives. He asked me to talk about traffic control and not traffic mgt.). reference: Bangalore, & some startup that operates with shared workspace on a need basis apparently.
- What would you do to address the situation of sports in India (I think it was at school level. Don’t remember exactly. I spoke about giving equal importance to both studies and sports as part of the curriculum, incentivising parents and teachers…).
- Learning from work-ex that I would implement in civil service (I talked about employee engagement, performance-based incentives, autonomy, and ownership of initiatives)
- Ways how corporate and civil service are similar and different (that I would have to get accustomed to. Spoke about having to change my orientation from profit to service/Public)
- Is IPL good? (said Yes, it brings talent and give opportunity to many)
- What’s the idea behind pink ball cricket? (said it is related to visibility and ability to play day-night tests)
- 3 traits you think a leader should have (Team player, leading by example, EQ. There was followup question to which I fumbled)
- Interlinking of rivers – pros and cons
- Sledging (IPL and players from diff nationalities playing together and its impact on their international games vis-a-vis sledging)
- Is guitar part of English orchestra? Ref: guitar
Overall – good. Nice board, kept giving positive reinforcement as I went through my answers.