Interview Date: 17/02/2020, Forenoon, First to go
Duration: approx 30 min
Board: Bassi sir
Background: Graduation in Political Science
Optional: Political Science
Home State: Maharashtra
Hobbies: Film, TV series, and Teaching
After entering the chamber wished the CP and lady members and then the other 3 members. CP asked to seat.
- (Called me by my father’s name. Politely told my correct name.)
- You like to watch TV series. Any specific genre or everything? (Told everything)
- Still, you will have some favorites, right? Tell me your favorite TV series? (Game of Thrones)
- Give me an introduction to Game of Thrones. What is it about? (Gave brief introduction)
- I want you to speak for 2 minutes on Game of Thrones.
- Why those kingdoms are fighting among themselves?
- What msg we get from this line of thought of fighting among ourselves. (Told United we stand and divided we fall)
- So, You’re working in EPFO. Tell me how you decide the interest rates.
- You have studied in Pune. Do you know about NDA?
- What is the role of NDA in our nation-building?
- What do you think is the advantage of training cadres of all three forces together?
- You have studied IR. Tell me what is our relationship with Afghanistan?
- How it is different from other countries? (Told we are more focused on the development of Afghanistan while others are more interested in their strategic interest. Bassi sir smiled)
- Do we have our troops in Afghanistan? Should we send our troops there?
- What is our official policy about sending troops to Afghanistan?
- Have you heard about the merging of banks? Which are the banks been merged? What is your view about this bank merging? Is it good or bad?
- Have you heard about Bank Nationalisation?
- When did it happen? What exactly was done in nationalization?
- You have done a certificate course in women and development. Tell me about the course, its duration, syllabus, and what you learned?
- Tell from independence till now how do you see the development of women in the country in various fields like social, economic and political, etc.
- So you have studied PSIR. Tell me about UNSC.
- There are some countries that are demanding changes in UNSC. Can you name them? Why they are demanding the changes?
- Okay, tell me why India is demanding a seat in UNSC and whether India deserves it? I want your view on this, not a yes or no answer.
- So you like teaching. What is the age group of children you teach?
- You have studied Marathi in your school. Suppose u have to teach Marathi to non- Marathi how will you teach them? What methods you will adopt?
- You watch TV series also. Tell me about OTT platforms.
- Tell me the advantages and disadvantages of platforms like Netflix?
- How should we regulate them? ( I told about censorship)
- So, how censorship can be imposed? How the producers of films and tv series earn money by releasing their content on Netflix.
- Suppose you are traveling in a car with your family. your passing by a small village where people are Protesting for some demands. you come across them, they are angry. How will you handle the situation? What will you tell them?
- Have you heard about BRI?
- Tell me about it. (Fumbled here. So I asked for some time and started again.)
- We were hearing about it a lot last year now we are not hearing about it much. What were the reasons then and what are the reasons now?
- Is china back rolling the initiative? Thank you. your interview is over
(Overall very cordial interview. Had a good feeling at the end. Hoping for the best now)
Thank you Mahesh Bhagwat sir and all the seniors and friends for helping with the preparation.