Interview Date: 03/04/2017, forenoon
Board: PK Joshi
Background: mechanical engineering, IIT Kgp
Hobbies: meditation, hockey, squash, cricket
Rajasthan, home state
Similarity between west Bengal and Rajasthan?
What is national income?
Is students from IIT, aiims, other institutions preparing a loss to national income?
How mechanical engineering can be used in civil services?
What are conditions necessary for formation cyclones and storms?
Names of cyclones?
On what basis cyclones are named?
What is difference between samadhi and meditation?
What is indus water treaty?
Is revisiting the treaty a right move by India?
Use of NGOs?
Should not they be banned?
If you are made an advisor of Japanese automobile firm. What things will you advise them regarding their operations in India?
What is the difference between terms dhyana, ekagrata, (one more term, i don’t remember)?
In which sport all these are required?
Who was India’s greatest archer?
(Gave hint, Arjun)
Drug abuse in Punjab? What to do? Causes? Solution?
Why civil services? Why not career in mechanical engineering?
On expected lines, very cordial panel members. Thank God, i was not grilled in mechanical engineering.
We will post UPSC Interview Transcripts regularly under the Interview Preparation Initiative.
Why Interview Transcripts?
- These transcripts are just a collection of UPSC Interview experiences from different candidates.
- The purpose of these transcripts is to provide individual experience and how they faced the board.
- In a way, it affects the way candidates are understood, the information they share, and the conclusions drawn.
- You’ll be able to identify the constraints and opportunities before you when facing the interview board.
- Though providing transcripts, which is a behind a scene task, the aim is to provide a valuable input that you are looking for that you are hesitant to ask someone.
- It might help to re-evaluate your approach , and take a look at what really needs to be done.