Interview Date: 17 Feb 2020, afternoon session
Duration: 4.05 – 4.35
Board: P.K. Joshi
Background: BE mechanical
Home State: Maharashtra
Hobbies: Watching Football and match analysis.
Extracurricular: Event for Acid attack victims, drought relief work – Paani foundation
- Why did you choose mechanical engineering and then why the turn towards civil services?
- Do you think the technical domain will help you in generalistic civil services?
- As a geography student tell me the difference between geography and geology?
- tell me about the evolution of the Himalayas and Shivalik?
- You are DM of the district. How will you address the case of mob lynching?
- What are the problems of Vidarbha and Marathwada? Do you think separate Vidarbha demand is the solution?
- Swami Vivekananda’s quote about football. Do you know it?
- What is India’s rank currently in football?
- What is the meaning of your name?
- You are from a technical background. What do you think are the necessary changes to make in the India program and skill development?
- As a geography student tell me about the significance of Tibet and POK for India?
- Why Is India lacking in football and not cricket? Can you name Some states known for football?
- Chappak movie? What message it gave and why did it did not become successful?
- Tell me about the contribution of Mahatma Phule and Shahu Maharaj.
- Tell me something about Maharashtra – Karnataka border dispute.
- What are the reasons for economic slowdown in our country?
- how will you increase the investment in the economy?
- Do you think corporate tax cuts has really lead to the infusion of money into the economy?
- Why are foreign countries reluctant to invest in the manufacturing sector?
- You come from Karad. Tell me about Karad in 3-4 lines.
- How will you stop the sale of acids?
- Do you know the Beed district? What is it known for?
- Hint – lowest sex ratio. What do you think are the reasons? How can female foeticide be addressed?
- Sugarcane is a water-guzzling crop? Why is it being promoted still? Why is govt not moving away from sugarcane?
For more interview transcript, visit the Complete IAS Interview Preparation Guide