Interview Date: 21st Feb Forenoon
Board: Smita Nagaraj Mam
Background: B.A. Political Science
Home State: Bihar
Hobbies Hockey, Boxing, and Mountaineering Chess, Cross Country Running and trekking
Awards: Had Won GOC UB Area Best in Leadership Trophy, Student Coordinator Youth Pravasi Bhartiya Divas 2019
- You are 21 and graduated in 2019 only. Don’t you think that you should do some research, gain some experience in a job and then appear for Civil Services?
- What are the other ways except for Civil Services and Defence Services through which you can serve the country? What are qualities of a leader?
- Your haircut is like a military personnel. In defence when a leader says right then subordinates move right and when he says left, subordinates move left. But it doesn’t happen in Civils. How will you handle such a situation?
- There are people much more experienced than you and know tricks of the game. If they happen to your subordinates, what will be your approach? They may dupe you.
- Why people don’t want to work and how will you motivate them?
- You said we should have rule of law not rule of men. In your home state,it doesn’t seem to happen. Your views?
- Your favourite leader? – Dr Kalam Why? What is Vision 2020?
- Is it because he also wished to join Air Force initially?
- Had light moment and everyone burst into laughter
- Last Question- Tell me difference between ‘Tell leader’ and ‘Sell leader’?
- What do you know about his academic records?
- Should a person who has failed 10th exam be a role model for youngsters?
- What is the condition of Indian economy? What are green shoots which you just said? Steps taken by Govt. and February monetary policy? How to boost growth?
- What is constitutional scheme to manage financial relations between Centre and states? Why states are unhappy? Terms of reference of 15th Finance Commission? Why southern states are protesting?
- Continuing from leadership, what are types of leadership?
- Let me explain it for you, if one type is autocratic leadership. What are others?
- What kind of leader is Abiy Ahmed Ali?
- Said I am unable to recall his contributions.
- What do you think about merger of overseas affairs ministry and MEA?
- probably based on my participation in PBD 2019
- What was the impact of dissolution of USSR on Indian foreign policy?
- Can Indian states also breakdown like USSR?
- You have won Sword of Honour named after a Air Chief Marshal, who is the present Air Chief?
- What is CDS? To whom does he report directly PM or DM?
- You have done your graduation from Varanasi, I think Swachh Bharat Mission was started from Varanasi. What has been the impact of SBM in Varanasi? Ok now tell me it impacts all over the country?
- China has been claiming rights over Arunachal Pradesh. Should we do the same for Tibet? What do you know about South China Sea Dispute?
- Countries involved and PCA ruling?
- How many times India has won Gold medal (Hockey) in Olympics? Years? Last time?
- Why not winning since then?
- Your hopes for Olympics 2020?
- What do you know about gol Ghar? ( Important place in Patna)
- How far is it from Gandhi Maidan? Counter- Tell me the exact distance??
- Said sorry Sir, I am unable to recall the exact distance
- coming back to leadership. Let’s assume that you have qualities of a leader but still you commit a mistake. How will you respond?
- I am giving you a quote. Decipher this for us, ” Now, we have guided missiles and misguided Men”.
- As a leader, how will you guide those misguided Men?
Chairman your interview is over. You may go. Our best wishes for your future endeavours.
- I was third to go. Interview lasted for almost 35 minutes. Overall Board was cordial.
- My half of interview revolved around leadership. Chairman mam asked me lots of counter questions. Some people call it grilling but I never felt so.
- Had post vibes at last. Felt better than mocks.