Interview Transcript CSE 2019
Date of Interview – 24.02.2020
Board: Smita Nagraj
Employee: MBBS (Medical officer for 8 yrs in Bihar)
Home state: Bihar
Currently in ICLS based on CSE 2016
- How are you?
- You still working as medical officer or left?
- How do you like ICLS?
- Big leap from medicine to ICLS..why did you decide to join civil service?
- Bihar is lacking on most fronts. What is it that you think is not working for Bihar?
- What are the 3 reasons according to you?
- What is the one thing that you would say did improve at the PHC you were working at during your time there?
- What would be one thing that you would have liked to work on to improve service based on your experience?
- Have you heard of IBC? What is it? How far do you think it has helped the Companies and the banks? Have you read a balance sheet?
- Where is the share capital mentioned.. Asset side or liability side? What is it for the owners? (I kept saying it is a liability for the company, he kept asking what is it for the owners? In the end, he said he wanted to here that the company was a separate legal entity and the BS was for the company and not the individual and said ” you are the expert in the field so you should have said this”)
- Situation in China..why do you think China is not letting Indian Aircraft carry supplies to and evacuate its citizens from there?
- Do you think situation is worsening or improving?
- Mohalla clinic- your views about it…
- Do you think this concept would help improve the situation in Bihar if implemented there?
- You worked 8 yrs as medical officer, then you joined this service, now you are appearing do you think its worth losing so many years of seniority for? ( Was grilled on this.. shared my personal reason then he said ‘I understand your decision’)…
- It’s not necessary you wilI get IAS…What if you get postal service or something like that? (He relented when I pointed out that I have filled IAS and IFS only)
- You have mentioned you sing..what kind of songs do you like to sing?
- Which Raga would suit the situation of this interview?
- On a serious note… ibc.. why do you think ibc was brought? What has been the performance?
- Telecom sector.. your views.. is it going to impact economy? How?
Ch- continuing with telecom sector, is it something similar to what happened to aviation sector?
What should the government do? Should we be liberal? Or should we intervene or let them be?
Why shouldn’t we leave them? New players will come and replace them, isn’t it?