Interview Date: 21/02/2020
Board: BS Bassi
Background: Mechanical Engineering
Current Employee: IRAS (Indian Railway Accounts Service)
Previous Employee: Mechanical maintenance engineer in Steel Authority of India limited; enforcement officer in EPFO.
Home State: Maharashtra
Hobbies: Rapping, Basketball
- So you have left EPFO to be an IRAS. You were in my board last year. Right? (He recognized me).
- Basics of Accounting in layman terms.
- Compare mechanical engineering profile with IRAS.
- If you are happy in IRAS, why are you here?
(For some reason he only and only asked defence related questions.)
- What is NSG? What is its function?
- Imagine that you are commander of a navy ship. You have to detect your enemies in aerial, surface, and sub-surface arena. What equipments will you use?
- After you have detected your enemy, what weapons will you use?
- Principle of a jet engine.
- What happened in the Indo-Sino war 1962.
- What was the outcome of the war?
- What happened to the occupation of land by China in North East?
- Tell me about the Salient features of forest rights act.
- Tell me some more features.
- What are EIA and SIA?
- What is DBT? Tell me a few schemes which use this.
- Tell me about land pooling.
- Tell me the origination of problems in Middle East. (talked about the three basic problems -Kurd’s prob, Shia vs Sunni, Muslims vs Jews)
- Don’t tell me about generic problems of middle east. Tell me about the specific countries and their individual problems.
- What is happening in Syria?
- What is your assessment of Arab spring?
- What about Tunisia and Egypt?
- Define the working of a lift.
- Tell me about the Salient features of the lifts act that Maharashtra has recently passed.
- Difference between narrow, standard, and meter gauge?
- Do different metros in a country have different width of gauge?
- Can we export our locos to USA?
- Tell me about the voltage of overhead lighting of stations.
- Name the locos that you are exporting to neighbouring countries.
- What kind of engine does petrol and diesel engine have?
- What kind of engine do E-vehicles have?
- Have you tried playing basketball for Indian railways basketball team?
- What teams have you played for?
- Recently, a mishappening struck the basketball community. What was the tragedy?*over *
Overall impression – Hardly anything from DAF. No opinion based questions. No current affair asked. No optional. Stress interview. More stressed than last year. There were barely any Questions where conversational approach could have been taken.