Board : Arvind Saxena
Interview lasted for 20-25 minutes
Hobby: numismatics , vipassana
Graduation : B.tech(I.T)
Optional : Anthropology
So Mr. X you have done b.tech in 2012. What are doing since then?
- Tell me issues associated with start up these days?
- But IT people now a days starting cab and food type startup only. How they are contributing towards economy?
- India is facing jobless growth? Do you agree .
- What are the reasons of jobless growth?
- There is one more question in between in which i said sorry sir i have no idea about this- not able to recall it exactly .
- There is theory criticising invasion of Aryan in news recently? Then he explain whole theory and asked me – are you aware of this ?
- What are your topmost priority among service?
- What if u have been allocated IPS, IFS or any other service?
Not able to recall his questions but i did answer all his questions except one.
lady member: very cheerful person and must be psychologist as she started writing something on her pad as i entered in the room.
- What is Anthropology?
- Why you choose anthropology as optional?
- So Mr. X u started vipassana at such a young age. What forces you to start this?
- So now u are practising it regularly ?
- So Mr. X you are from gurgaon ? What is your opinion regarding change of name from gurgaon to gurugram?
- Is there any historical significance about the name gurugram?
- Then why it is not known as eklavya gram?
- Tell me something about maritime security ?
- What are issues faced by India?
- What are the issues associated with energy security in India?
- What are renewable energy sources and their targets?
- Technological Issues assocoated with solar power and wind power ?
- What is landlocked countries ?
- Any example in neighbourhood of India?
- How india is helping it’s neighbourhood through her ports and sea trade?
- What is numismatics?
- So u collect only Indian coins or other countries coins also? And what is your source of collection?
- Number of coins you possess?
4.. So can you trace the history of numismatics in India? And many cross question on it – like who introduced silver coins first?
- During indus valley civilisation what is significance of seals? ( Major blunder here – as in hurry i told them that they had trade relations with Russia instead of mesopotamia)
So very next question they asked me-
- What is Russian civilisation and how it was related to IVC?
As i came to know that there is no Russian civilisation at time of IVC, so i said sorry sir there is no relation.
C: Asked M4. You want to ask more questions. He said i am done and chairman sir said your interview is over Mr X. . All the best
This much i am able to recall right now.
We will post UPSC Interview Transcripts regularly under the Interview Preparation Initiative.
Why Interview Transcripts?
- These transcripts are just a collection of UPSC Interview experiences from different candidates.
- The purpose of these transcripts is to provide individual experience and how they faced the board.
- In a way, it affects the way candidates are understood, the information they share, and the conclusions drawn.
- You’ll be able to identify the constraints and opportunities before you when facing the interview board.
- Though providing transcripts, which is a behind a scene task, the aim is to provide a valuable input that you are looking for that you are hesitant to ask someone.
- It might help to re-evaluate your approach , and take a look at what really needs to be done.