Board: Arvind Saxena
Duration: 40 mins
Date: 20th Apr
Profile: IIT, IIM, 10+ yrs in consulting, analytics
1. IIT and then IIM and now IAS. Why
– Answered. Focus more reverse of brain-draina and giving back to society
2. 30k in first job, 1.5L second job due to MBA. How MBA helps in getting higher CTC. Compare course (B.tech + MBA – 5 yrs) with MBA (2 yrs)
– Focused on multi-dimensions issues of a problem, alumni networking, brand name etc.
3. Is Universe finite or infinite
4. How would you explain difference between Algebra and Calculus to a layman
4. Indo – Nepal Relations
5. Which newspaper do you read
6. Name few authors of Op-ed in ToI
– Could answer only 2
1. As a consultant, how Govt client different from private sector ones. Challenges and Solutions
2. How below average work impact consulting agencies and how to cope it
3. How GST will ensure compliance
– Answered. Value addition, input credit etc. at each stage
4. India trade policy
– Answered. Target of $900M, MEIS, SEIS, Credits, Merchant profile etc.
5. Quizing on Indirect taxation system in India: How VAT differnt from GST, DDB, EPCG, Dumping etc.
6. What is SEZ. Examples of SEZ. How to re-invigorate SEZ, why no SEZ in ghaziabad, faridabad etc. Why MAT,
DDT in SEZ.
1. Foreign policies of India
– Answered. NAM, Panchsheel, Gujral doctrine, now focus more on economic and technical colloboration
2. Lifi, IoT
3. How Mathematics relevant in Administration
– Answered. Example of Maths papers in Canadian civil services
4. Usage of analytics in Administration
– Answered. Law & Order, Healthcare, Education, Radicalization etc.
5. Name 5 Ramsar sites
6. Tell me the details of Govt advertisement on Gurgaon
– Sorry, did not see any such ad today in newspaper
1. Problems India facing and its solution
2. Why youths committing suicides and solutions
– Answered. Peer/ Parent pressure, self-praising (social media) etc.
3. Your SWOT
4. What additional changes will you suggest in Lokayukta bill
5. What is problem Kashmir facing now and solution
– – Answered Partially, focused on unemployement, wrong guidance by separatists etc.
6. Solution for India – Pak and Indo-China issues
– Answered. First dialoure, offensive defensive doctrine.
1. Communications medium of Police
– Answered. 100, PCR, Himmary App
2. Why Delhi Govt wants Delhi police & solution
3. Why Delhi Govt want full statehood & Solution
4. Police Reform, Election Reform, Political Reforms (recent changes)
5. Was BRT a failure ? What could have been done to make it successgful
– Answered. Weak institutional infra, lack of coordination between DITS and police
6. What is unauthorized colonies. How many (Number). What is the solution to such colonies
Board was indifferent except lady members ( I tried to impressed them with my cooking hobby though). Fumbled a bit in foreign policy question rest of time, a smooth conversation.