Date of the UPSC Personality Test: March 22 2017
Head of the UPSC Personality Test Board: Arvind Saxena
Duration of the interview: almost 30 minutes, first candidate in the forenoon session
Background of the candidate:
Home state: Punjab
Education: B.E. (Hons.) Mechanical Engineering
Work experience: two years at an American Manufacturing firm
Optional subject: Philosophy
Hobbies/Interests: Calligraphy, Bhangra and Giddha, Gym workouts, Photography
Attempt at UPSC CSE: second
Outcome of earlier attempts: CSE 2015 – not in the merit list (Written score: 687; Personality test: 179 – Board headed by Chhattar Singh)
UPSC CSE Personality Test 2016 details: Refer to the PDF below.
We will post UPSC Interview Transcripts regularly under the Interview Preparation Initiative.
Why Interview Transcripts?
- These transcripts are just a collection of UPSC Interview experiences from different candidates.
- The purpose of these transcripts is to provide individual experience and how they faced the board.
- In a way, it affects the way candidates are understood, the information they share, and the conclusions drawn.
- You’ll be able to identify the constraints and opportunities before you when facing the interview board.
- Though providing transcripts, which is a behind a scene task, the aim is to provide a valuable input that you are looking for that you are hesitant to ask someone.
- It might help to re-evaluate your approach , and take a look at what really needs to be done.