Contributed by ForumIAS community member
Board: BS. Bassi
Optional: Political Science
Home State: Karnataka
Hobbies: reading and box fit
Background: Political Science Hons and conflict transformation and peacebuilding
- Good afternoon Shreya- we are having our tea and you are also welcome to have pakora with ussaid no sir thankyou
- So you’ve done political science from Kamala Nehru- tell me about Kamala Nehru-
- Oh beta you’ve prepared this hahahahaha (I nodded and replies yes sir- he laughed)
- Who’s this gentleman on the picture- pres kovind: gave some general idea
- You don’t know much more?
- Okay, what is boxfit? (Hobby) You fit in a box hahaha- I gave the general idea- bassi sir did some back and forth about ability to beat people up
- what is this conflict transformation course? What did you learn?
- How can you transform a conflict
- What do you know about sedition
- How should the state navigate cases of sedition
- Tell me about the Karnataka case SC judgments
- What do you know about the Indian navy? (Fumbled Here on)
- Tell me about different kinds of ships of the navy and their differences
- Some more questions I can’t remember
- You’ve done political science, tell me about Plato
- Tell me about the republic
- What is the idea behind philosopher king
- Is India a patriarchal country?
- No no, don’t tell me in general- tell me about your experience
- India’s ranknon GII
- What books have you read recently
- Medical termination of pregnancy bill?
- What do you understand by Human rights
- Reason for conflict in the Middle East
- Problems between Iran, Saudi and turkey
- Problems that Europe faces as a continent
- Some more IR related questions I can’t remember
- You had engineering drawing in 12th, tell me about a few objects that are similar from all sides or something around that- couldn’t answer well: said I don’t know
- State that has been bifurcated into two recently?
- What are its capitals?
- Tell me what you know about shillings (this caught me off guard) couldn’t place properly so said I don’t know
- Okay, beta your interview is done. Is this your photo?: replied yes sir
- You didn’t have your pakora? Have it later.
- The board was cordial and nice. The lady member looked happy except my answer on Human rights was a little twisted to which she nodded in a disagreeing way.