Interview Date: 25 February 2020
Board: Smita Nagraj madam
Background: B. Tech (IT)
Hobbies: Spending time with pet, Badminton
- What are you doing right now?
- You have mentioned quite a different hobby of spending time with pet and badminton, why so?
- Is seems quite different at your age to involve in such things?
- How much time you use phone?
- Recently there is something going on in telecom sector. Do you know?
- What are the issue with 5G spectrum, what is that?
- Why US is asking India not let Huawei to participate?
- What should India do?
- Why Indian companies are not able in participate in trail as you said?
- What is this AGR you are telling about?
- Why the companies are not agreeing to pay?
- What should the government do?
- Why should government help these companies?
- Is there any body which can assure free competition in India?
- What has the Competition Commission of India said on this?
- Which dog do you have? (some light moment on it)
- What is majoritarianism? Is it there in India?
- The democracies where there is no majoritarianism?
- Isn’t Brexit due to majoritarianism?
- Isn’t this majoritarianism that Scotland not allowed to be separated?
- We have a goal of $5 trillion economy. Is it realistic?
- But efforts have been done in past also, so what’s new now?
- There is reduced demand and lack of participation by private sector, so how could economy expand?
- What has been the maximum growth rate till now and can we jump from that to 15%?
- You have said to mam that there are nominal and realised profits. Explain to me what are these terms?
- When the company earns the profits it is all it’s, but when losses then why should government bear them?
- If you would be telecom secretary, what would you do?
- What can we do if Jio reduces prices in unfair manner?
- What is data localisation and why do we need that? Tell me in 3 lines.
- The spectrum that would be bidder, is that new or old one is it shared….?( many questions within a single question)
- There are different kinds of frequency bands like S, L, Ka, Ku, etc. So what is the frequency of these bands?
- Chairperson: Your interview is over
- Interview revolved around 2/3 issues and depth discussions on those issues with cross-questioning.