Date of Interview: 17th Feb 2020
Duration: 30 mins
Board: Ajit Bhonsle
Background: BA in Journalism Psychology and English Literature
Hobbies: Singing (light music) Freestyle Dancing, Anchoring
Interest areas: Public speaking, Creative writing
(Mentioned as most questions were on DAF)
- Readout highlights in my DAF, appreciation then gave me a disclaimer on a personality test.
- How do you explain ‘Journalism’, and ‘Good Journalist’ to a 10-year-old?
- The 10-year-old has still not understood, can you simplify further
- A note on the Devadasi system, what measures have been taken to eradicate this social evil?
- So are you referring to Sudha Murthy and her initiatives?
- What are the other contributions of the Infosys Foundation to society?
- Are there any regulations for social media?
- In your opinion should there be regulations? We also have freedom of speech; so what is your take?
- How can we regulate?
- How can we curb fake news?
- Have you heard of ‘Broken window’? What is it?
(completely on hobbies and interest areas)
- When and where was your last public speaking?
- What did you speak?
- So who is an achiever according to you? (follow up Q)
- I see that you write poetry, what else do you write?
- In which language do you usually write?
- Can you narrate one of the poems which is close to your heart ?
- (I narrated a Kannada poem and translated the theme in English)
- Is there objective reporting in Journalism today?
- Most of the media houses are owned by political parties and they take sides, what is your opinion on this?
- Will you be an objective reporter when you go out and narrate the personality test to your friends, family, etc?
- Tell us about Sudha Murthy’s writings, what genre does she write?
- There are many allegations against NGOs, they indulge in anti-national activities… Is there a need of NGOs in society?
- (I said Yes…need to regulate…) Why do you think so?
- How is India doing in ‘Ease of doing business? What has been done to improve the ranking?
- Who is your favorite Journalist/ Anchor? (I intentionally mentioned Kannada journalists)
- Do you also follow English news channels?
- (Yes Sir, but mostly I read English newspapers)
- You are a singer, have opted Kan lit; What is the connect between Kannada literature and Carnatic music?
- Why is Carnatic music popular than Kannada literature?
- What is a freestyle dance?
- Quoted a dancer (don’t remember the name and exact quotation, it was roughly like this)
- “I danced, danced, danced, danced and still the dance remained”
- What do you understand by this statement?
- Quoted a report on delay in infrastructure projects, mentioned some data related to same..
- Why do you think the infrastructure projects are getting stalled? In terms with cost and time…(A lengthy question)
- What are your plans for the day, after the interview?
- suggested I visit National War Memorial and said your interview is over.
- On the whole, the interview was cordial and enjoyed giving it.