UPSC Mains 2023 GS Paper 3 Question Paper is out, after the 1st session of the exam. You can download the same using the link given below:
UPSC Mains 2023 GS 3 2023 Questions
- Faster economic growth requires increased share of the manufacturing sector in GDP, particularly of MSMES. Comment on the present policies of the Government in this regard.
- What is the status of digitalization in the Indian economy? Examine the problems faced in this regard and suggest improvements.
- How does e-Technology help farmers in production and marketing of agricultural produce? Explain it.
- State the objectives and measures of land reforms in India. Discuss how land ceiling policy on landholding can be considered as an effective reform under economic criteria.
- Introduce the concept of Artificial Intelligence (AI). How does Al help clinical diagnosis? Do you perceive any threat to privacy of the individual in the use of Al in healthcare?
- Discuss several ways in which microorganisms can help in meeting the current fuel shortage.
- Dam failures are always catastrophic, especially on the downstream side, resulting in a colossal loss of life and property. Analyze the various causes of dam failures. Give two examples of large dam failures.
- What is oil pollution? What are its impacts on the marine ecosystem? In what way is oil pollution particularly harmful for a country like India?
- Winning of Hearts and Minds’ in terrorism-affected areas is an essential step in restoring the trust of the population. Discuss the measures adopted by the Government in this respect as part of the conflict resolution in Jammu and Kashmir.
- The use of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) by our adversaries across the borders to ferry arms / ammunitions, drugs, etc., is a serious threat to the internal security. Comment on the measures being taken to tackle this threat.
- Most of the unemployment in India is structural in nature. Examine the country and suggest methodology adopted to compute unemployment in the improvements.
- Distinguish between ‘care economy’ and ‘monetized economy’. How can care economy be brought into monetized economy through women empowerment?
- Explain the changes in cropping pattern in India in the context of changes in consumption pattern and marketing conditions.
- What are the direct and indirect subsidies provided to farm sector in India? Discuss the issues raised by the World Trade Organization (WTO) in relation to agricultural subsidies.
- The adoption of electric vehicles is rapidly growing worldwide. How do electric vehicles contribute to reducing carbon emissions and what are the key benefits they offer compared to traditional combustion engine vehicles?
- What is the main task of India’s third moon mission which could not be achieved in its earlier mission? List the countries that have achieved this task. Introduce the subsystems in the spacecraft launched and explain the role of the Virtual Launch Control Centre’ at the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre which contributed to the successful launch from Sriharikota.
- Comment on the National Wetland Conservation Programme initiated by the Government of India and name a few India’s wetlands of international importance included in the Ramsar Sites.
- The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has predicted a global sea level rise of about one metre by AD 2100. What would be its impact in India and the other countries in the Indian Ocean region?
- What are the internal security challenges being faced by India? Give out the role of Central Intelligence and Investigative Agencies tasked to counter such threats.
- Give out the major sources of terror funding in India and the efforts being made to curtail these sources. In the light of this, also discuss the aim and objective of the No Money for Terror (NMFT)’ Conference recently held at New Delhi in November 2022.
Today is the 3rd day of UPSC Mains examination for the year 2023. GS Paper 1, 2 and essay paper has been conducted on the day 1 and 2. You can download the same from the links given below:
|To download all papers from single post||Click Here|
|To download Essay paper||Click Here|
|To download GS Paper 1 Question Paper||Click Here|
|To download GS Paper 2 Question Paper||Click Here|
About GS Paper 3
The UPSC Mains General Studies Paper 3 holds a weightage of 250 marks and consists of a total of 20 questions. The duration of the exam is 3 hours.
Subjects Covered: The UPSC syllabus for this paper primarily covers:
- Indian Economy
- Environment and Ecology
- Science and Technology
- Security and Defence
- Disaster Management
- The paper consists of 20 questions available in both English and Hindi.
- The paper carries a total of 250 marks.
- Questions worth 10 marks have a word limit of 150, while those worth 15 marks have a word limit of 250.
UPSC CSE Main exam 2023 schedule
|Date||Forenoon session||Afternoon session|
|September 17||Paper -IV|
|September 23||Paper- A|
Optional Subject paper-1
Optional Subject Paper -2
If you are looking for previous mains question papers – click here
UPSC 2023 gs 3 question paper