1. On the outline map of India provided to you, mark the location of All of the following for which 1 (One) mark is given to each correct entry.
Write in your answer script the significant geo-graphical relevance or strategic importance of these locations, whether physical/commercial/economic/ecological environmental/cultural in not more than 30 words for each entry. Four (4) marks are allotted for each write-up of these correctly marked locations. 5×12=60
(g) Lakshmantirath River
(h) Bara-Lacha La
(i) Kakolat Fall
(k) Dafla Hills
(l) Tree Island
2. Present a comparative analysis of the regimes of Himalayan and Peninsular rivers of India and examine their implications in the irrigation system of the country. 60
3. (a) Identify the major biosphere reserves of India and discuss their role in the conservation of forest and wildlife. 30
(b) Give an account of potentiality and prospects of development of marine resources of India. 30
4. (a) Discuss the potentiality and status of aqua-culture in the Ganga Plain. 30
(b) Assess the scope and development of Pharmaceutical Industry in India. 30
5. Write about the following in about 200 words each: 15×4=60
(a) Prospects of Rainbow Revolution in India.
(b) Karewa Deposits and their economic significance.
(c) Impact of land tenure on agriculture productivity in India.
(d) Agro-forestry in India.
6. (a) Assess the growing importance of air transport in India and examine its role in the regional development of the country. 30
(b) Discuss the spatital pattern of intra-regional migration in India and examine its implications in regional development. 30
7. (a) Differentiate between conurbations and metropolitan regions. Give a reasoned account of emerging conurbations in India. 30
(b) Identify the ravine-affected areas in India and discuss the environmental and economic impacts of their reclamation. 30
8. (a) Discuss the problems of environmental degradation generated by urban wastes in India. 30
(b) Analyse the causes of desertification in India. Represent the desertified areas of the country on a sketch map and suggest remedial measures to control it. 30