1. Mark the following places on the map supplied to u and write short descriptive notes on them. 3×20=60
2. Trace the development of urbanization from the third millennium B.C.E. to 6th century B.C.E. 60
3. (a) Evalute the conceptual basis of the vedic delities. 30
(b) Assess the importance of Jain tenets and their revelance to humanity. 30
4. (a) Evalute the introduction of iron technology in the developement of human history of ancient India. 20
(b) Discuss the types of lands and the Science of agriculture mentioned in the literature and epigraphs of ancient india. 20
(c) Assess Ellora as a unique art centre of the different cultural streams. 20
5. Write short notes in not more than 200 words on the following : 20 x 3= 60
(a) Assess the contribution of Iltutmish for the expansion and consolidation of the Delhi Sultanate.
(b) Examine critically the agrarian and economic reforms of Alauddin Khalji. How did it strengthen the Sultanate ?
(c) What is your assessment of Ibn Batutah’s Rehla as an important source of indian history.
6. Evaluate the socio economic conditions from the Gupta Period to 1200 C.E. as gleaned from the various types of grants or dana shasana. 60
7. (a) Mughal paintings reflect the contemporary socio-political conditions. – Discuss 30
(b) Examine the mansab and jagir system by Akbar and its subsequent failure in the 18th century. 30
8. (a) Discuss the causes of the rise and growth of regional kingdoms with special reference to Deccan in the 18th century.
(b) Assess the contribution of the Cholas in the expansion of Indian culture outside India. 30