- The Supreme observed that vehicular pollution would have an impact not only on the present generation but also on the children yet to be born.
- The government directed the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoPNG) to file an affidavit indicating the position as regards the availability of Bharat Stage (BS)-VI emission standard compliant fuel in Delhi.
- The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC) has been asked whether any study was conducted on environmental pollution, its effect on the health of people and the cost to deal with it.
- BS-VI emission standard is scheduled to come into force from April 1, 2020 across the country.
- The BS-VI norms should be made applicable in the Delhi-National Capital Region (NCR) from April 1, 2019.
- Cars which were not BS-VI compliant should not be allowed to be registered after the new norms came into effect.