Source: This post is based on the article “‘Thematic’ POSHAN Maah To Be Celebrated Across The Nation Throughout The Month Of September As Part Of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav” published in PIB on 29th August 2021.
What is the News?
The Ministry of Women and Child Development will celebrate the POSHAN Maah across the nation throughout the next month.
About POSHAN Maah:
- POSHAN Maah is celebrated every year during the month of September under POSHAN Abhiyan (PM’s Overarching Scheme for Holistic Nourishment).
- Aim: To ensure community mobilisation and bolster people’s participation under POSHAN Abhiyan.
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Women and Child Development is celebrating it in convergence with partner Ministries and departments at the National, State/UTs, District and grass-root levels.
- Activities: During POSHAN Maah, activities related to nutrition awareness will be carried out across all the States/UTs right up to the grass-root levels. The weekly themed wise activities include:
- Plantation Activity as “PoshanVatika”.
- Yoga and AYUSH for Nutrition.
- Distribution of ‘Regional Nutrition Kit’ to Anganwadi beneficiaries of High Burden Districts.
- Identification of Severe Acute Malnutrition (SAM) children and distribution of nutritious food.