What is Delphi Method
- It is a way of organising the ‘expert’ forecasts about the future.
- It works by the principle that several heads are better than one, to seek maximum likelihood of some
- Typically a questionnaire is passed on to a number of experts to acquire their independent
- The information from the first questionnaire is first collated and discussed openly.
- Questionnaires are redistributed and the respondents are invited to re-evaluate their answers.
- If a respondent’s answer deviates strongly from the mean then, he/she is asked to justify the stand.
- The process is repeated until the panel seems to saturate and agree on most factors mentioned in the questionnaire.
- The technique has been used in transport policy formulation. Example: For San Jose City, CA, U.S.A