Skip to content
- NDMA is the apex statutory body set up under the Disaster Management Act, 2005.
- Parent Ministry: Ministry of Home Affairs
- Chairman: Prime minister
- coordinate response to natural or man-made disasters and for capacity-building in disaster resiliency and crisis response
- lay down policies, plans and guidelines for Disaster Management to ensure timely and effective response to disasters.
- Provide support to other countries affected by major disasters as may be determined by the Central Government among others.