- Outcome based budget technique has been recommended from the budget 2007- 08. Under this every ministry handling a sector presents a preliminary outcome budget to the Ministry of Finance.
- It seeks to bring correlation between outlay, output and outcome.
- Outlay- is the amount that is provided for a given scheme or project in the Budget.
- Output- Refers to the direct and measurable product of program activities, often expressed in Physical terms or unit.
- Outcome- It is the collective result or qualitative improvements brought about in the delivery of these services, often expressed in terms of improvements over earlier indicators and benchmarks.
- Outcome’s Go beyond mere ‘outputs’, they cover the quality and effectiveness of the goods or services.
Read Also :upsc previous year paper