Source: Indian Express
List of Contents
What is the News?
Experts have warned that the ‘incel’ movement is slowly becoming a threat to law and order.
- The movement came into the spotlight yet again in the UK’s Plymouth, where a 22-year-old man shot dead five people, including a toddler.
About Incel Movement:
- Incels are a large online community of men who describe themselves as “involuntary celibates”.(Celibates means a person who abstains from marriage and sexual relations).
- Men who are part of this movement have a deep resentment towards both women and other men who are sexually active.
- They blame women for their own lack of sexual and social status. Moreover. an extreme section of Incels even advocates violence against women.
Black Pill and Red Pill Mentality:
- Black Pill theory often associated with incels promotes the defeatist idea that your fate is sealed at birth and no matter what changes you try to make, your sexual capital cannot be altered.
- On the other hand, Red Pill theory believes that the world is biased toward women, and sees feminism as female supremacy. They believe there is a systemic bias in favour of women.