News: The World Day Against Child Labour (WDACL) is being observed on 12 June.
- It was started in 2002 by International Labour Organisation(ILO) to raise awareness and prevent child labour.
- Theme: COVID-19: Protect children from child labour now more than ever.
- UN Sustainable Development Goal Target 8.7: It calls for an end to child labour in all its forms by 2025.
- COVID-19 and Child Labour Report: It has been released by International Labour Organization and the UNICEF.
- ILO: It was established in 1919 to promote social and economic justice through setting up of international labour standards.It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.