- World Economic Forum (WEF): It was established by Klaus Schwab in 1971 as a not-for-profit foundation. It was initially named as European Management Forum. Later, it changed its name to the World Economic Forum in 1987.
- Aim: To improve the state of the world by engaging business, political, academic and other leaders of society to shape global, regional, and industry agendas.
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland.
- Reports: a) Global Competitiveness Report b) Global Gender Gap Report c) Global Risks Report and d) Global Travel and Tourism Report among others.
WEF Davos Agenda Summit,2021:
- It will be organized virtually by the World Economic Forum (WEF).
- The summit will mark the launch of WEF’s “Great Reset Initiative” which aims to rebuild the economy sustainably following the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Themes: The seven key themes of the summit are: How to Save the Planet, Fairer Economies, Tech for Good, Society, and Future of Work, Better Business, Healthy Futures and Beyond Geopolitics.
Source: Indian Express