News:Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) India has launched an initiative called Youth Co:Lab.
About Youth Co:Lab-
- Youth Co:Lab was co-created in 2017 by UNDP and the Citi Foundation.
- It is operational in 25 countries across the Asia Pacific region.
- The initiative aims to create an enabling ecosystem to promote youth leadership, innovation, and social entrepreneurship.
- It will also spread awareness about different issues pertaining to youth, the future of work and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) through Youth Co:Lab
- The initiative also allows young entrepreneurs and innovators to get a chance to connect with governments, mentors, incubators and investors who will help equip them with entrepreneurial skills.
The first phase of Youth Co:Lab will focus on six SDGs which are
- SDG 5 (Gender Equality)
- SDG 6 (Clean Water and Sanitation)
- SDG 7 (Affordable and Clean Energy)
- SDG 8 (Decent Work and Economic Growth)
- SDG 12 (Sustainable Consumption and Production) and
- SDG 13 (Climate Action).
About Atal innovation mission(AIM):
- The Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) was set up by NITI Aayog in 2016.
- It aims to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship.
- It seeks to create institutions and programs that enhance innovation in schools, colleges, and entrepreneurs in general.
- The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s global development network.
- UNDP was established in 1965 by the General Assembly of the United Nations.It is headquartered in New York,US.
- It provides expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries.
- UNDP is central to the United Nations Sustainable Development Group (UNSDG).
- UN SDG is a network that spans 165 countries and unites the 40 UN funds, programmes, specialized agencies and other bodies working to advance the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- The NITI Aayog was formed via a resolution of the Union Cabinet on January 1,2015.
- It is the premier policy ‘Think Tank’ of the Government of India providing both directional and policy inputs.It had replaced planning commission as the premier think tank.
- The NITI Aayog has been mandated with fostering cooperative federalism through structured support initiatives and mechanisms with the States on a continuous basis recognizing that strong States make a strong nation.