News:Andhra Pradesh Government is set to launch a scheme for farmers called as YSR Rythu Bharosa scheme.
About the scheme:
- The scheme aims to provide monetary support to farmers which will also include landless and tenant farmers.
- Under the scheme,each farmer holding up to five acres will be given financial assistance of Rs 13,500.
- The amount also includes Rs 6,000 per annum to each family being provided by the Centre under its PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme.
- The main feature of the scheme is that the money will be directly deposited in the farmer’s bank account doing away with all middlemen and avoiding the pitfalls of corruption of any kind in the disbursement of funds.
- The scheme is modelled on Telangana’s Rythu Bandhu scheme but Andhra Pradesh government has also decided to include tenant farmers.
Read also:- upsc previous year question papers
- Tenant farmer traditionally refers to a farmer who does not own the land that he lives on and works but rather it is owned by a landlord.
- Generally, the landlord contributes the land, capital and management, while the tenants contribute their labor and possibly some capital.
- The returns from the crops are shared in a variety of ways, depending on the agreement between landlord and tenant.
About Rythu Bandhu scheme:
- Rythu Bandhu is an investment support scheme for farmers in Telangana.
- The scheme provides cheque payments to farmers based on their landholdings.
- Under this scheme, the state government gives every beneficiary farmers Rs 5,000 per acre as investment support before every crop season.