What is the News?
The Ministry of Education has launched YUVA Scheme. It is the Prime Minister’s Scheme For Mentoring Young Authors.
About YUVA- Prime Minister’s Scheme For Mentoring Young Authors:
- Firstly, the Department of Higher Education under the Ministry of Education launched the YUVA (Young, Upcoming and Versatile Authors) scheme.
- Secondly, it is an Author Mentorship scheme. It aims to mentor authors under the age of 30. It will train them to promote reading, writing, and book culture in the country. This will allow India to project its writings globallya
- Thirdly, this scheme is in line with PM’s vision to encourage young writers to write about India’s freedom struggle.
- Fourthly, Implementation: National Book Trust of India under the Ministry of Education as the Implementing Agency will ensure execution of the Scheme.
- Fifthly, Part of: The scheme is a part of the India@75 Project (Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav). The project aims to bring out the perspectives of the young generation of writers, It would be on themes like unsung heroes, freedom fighters, and others in an innovative and creative manner.
Key Features of the YUVA Scheme:
- Firstly, Under the Scheme, a total of 75 authors will be selected through the All India Contest.
- Secondly, the themes of the contest are unsung heroes, freedom fighters, National Movement among others.
- Thirdly, the young authors will be trained by eminent authors/mentors. The books by these authors will be published by National Book Trust, India.
- Fourthly, the books will also be translated into other Indian languages. It will ensure the exchange of culture and literature thereby promoting ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’.
- Lastly, a consolidated scholarship of Rs.50,000 per month for a period of six months per author will be paid under the Mentorship Scheme.
About National Book Trust:
- National Book Trust(NBT) is an Indian publishing house. It was founded in 1957 as an autonomous body under the Ministry of Education of the Government of India.
- Mandate: The activities of the Trust include publishing, promotion of books and reading, promotion of Indian books abroad, assistance to authors and publishers, and promotion of children’s literature.